14 year boy died in Srinagar / Body of another youth retrieved from Jhelum in Sumbal / Protests rock Maisuma

Fourteen year old boy died in clash with security forces in Srinagar, today as curfew continued following the hanging of Afzal Guru.

Body of another youth retrieved from Jhelum in Sumbal
Bandipora: A body of another youth was retrieved from River Jhelum near Wangipora village in Sumbal area on Monday.
The youth has been identified as Zameer Ahmad Dar, son of Abdul Rashid Dar of Batwina in Ganderbal district.
Reports said the protesters are carrying the body and marching from Batwina towards Sumbal.
On Sunday, a youth, Tariq Ahmad Bhat son of Muhammad Maqbool Bhat died when he was allegedly chased by policemen and was forced to jump in River Jehlum in north Kashmir’s Sumbal area.
However, Police denied that he was chased by the cops and claimed that he died when a boat he was traveling in capsized.

Protests rock Maisuma
Srinagar: Hundreds of people staged a protest demonstration at Maisuma area here on Monday.
Raising slogans and demanding handing over of Afzal Guru’s body to his family, the protesters assembled at Maisuma area and were attempting to march towards Lal Chowk when police and CRPF personnel dispersed them by resorting to lathicharge.
Eyewitness told Greater Kashmir that situation is tense. Police said that the situation is under control with adequate deployment of force personnel on spot.

3 days after hanging, Afzal Guru’s family receives letter of execution

Three days after Afzal Guru was hanged in Tihar Jail on Saturday, his family said Monday that they received the letter of execution.
Afzal’s cousin Yaseen Guru told Greater Kashmir that a postmaster delivered the letter of execution at 11.30 on Monday.
Soon after his hanging on Saturday, the Union Home Secretary had said two letters had been sent to his family by speed post — on February 7 and 8 — informing them about the rejection of his mercy petition and Afzal’s hanging.

Previous post Wattergam Youth Succumbs (TOLL 02)
Next post Geelani calls for strike till Friday