JK Voices Concern – Chinese Incursion
Have Written To Union Govt: Kichloo
Jammu and Kashmir Government has voiced concern over the reported Chinese incursion in its Ladakh area and has taken up the matter with the union government.
“As far China is concerned, it has come long way inside (our territory). We have last week informed Government of India…. They (China) have come a long way inside and we have well informed them (Centre) in this regard,” Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo, told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
“It is a very serious issue. Again and again they (China) are trying to intrude into our territory. We should seriously look into it,” the Minister said. Kichloo said the state government had last week written to the Centre about it but has not received any response yet.
“The state government has written to Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) (over the issue of Chinese incursion). I have told you that the government of India has been looking into it seriously,” he said.
“It takes some time, whether it would be resolved through talks or anything else, it would be clear in two to three days,” Kichloo added.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, who said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
Kichloo said that there is a course of action involved and expressed hope that Centre will be formulating a strategy to deal with the issue.
“They (Centre) are not taking it lightly. There is a course of action involved in this. A strategy is to be formed. I believe the government of India is serious about this issue and they will be formulating a strategy in this regard,” he said.