Javid Amin, Journalist based in Kashmir (J&K). Printer, Publisher, Editor of "Weekly Shohrat - Kashmir" (Print Edition) as well owner of online news portals www.KashmirPost.org / www.KashmirInFocus.com. Aimed at putting Kashmir and its issues on the global platform. An extensively traveled person enjoys writing.

A youth died after the government forces opened fire on protesters in Nadihal village of Rafiabad in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Wednesday. The deceased has been identified as Danish Manzoor (28), resident of Nadihal.
A doctor at District Hospital Baramulla said that Danish succumbed to injuries at the hospital. He said that five more injured were brought to the hospital. “Three of them have been referred to Srinagar for specialized treatment.”
Reports and witnesses said that stone-pelting protests erupted in the area after government forces denied passage to the fruit-laden trucks in the area.
They said that forces moved into the village where they ransacked the houses and beat up the inmates.
To protest against the “excesses”, angry youths staged protests in the Nadihal village.
The forces, they said, responded by firing their guns, leading to death of one person and injuries to at least five more people. Police couldn’t be immediately reached for a comment.

Meanwhile, clashes between protesters and government forces erupted in many Srinagar areas soon after authorities lifted curfew from the entire valley on Wednesday. Official sources however said that restrictions under section 144 CrPc will remain in force in the whole valley.
Reports said that people took to streets in Nowhatta area of old Srinagar city and started raising pro-freedom and anti-India slogans.
Government forces were rushed back to quell the protests after which the protesters started pelting stones at them.

Intense protests erupted on Wednesday in Anantnag district of south Kashmir against what the protesters called police high handedness.
The reports of protests have reached from SK Colony and Anchidora areas of south Kashmir town.
Locals told Kashmir Post over phone that forces not only ransacked households but also beat even elderly and women in the area.
Meanwhile, nocturnal raids were also held at various places of Anantnag district.

Clashes broke out in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Wednesday morning. Reports and witnesses said that clashes broke out after the forces started clearing the blockades erected by the protesters near the Nowpora chowk.
While the protesters hurled rocks in Old Jamia area of the town, the forces responded by bursting teargas shells.

With this killing, the death toll in the current uprising that began after the killing of militant commander Burhan Wani has mounted to 73.