Javid Amin, Journalist based in Kashmir (J&K). Printer, Publisher, Editor of "Weekly Shohrat - Kashmir" (Print Edition) as well owner of online news portals www.KashmirPost.org / www.KashmirInFocus.com. Aimed at putting Kashmir and its issues on the global platform. An extensively traveled person enjoys writing.

Authorities made heavy deployment of government forces in Srinagar and other areas of the Kashmir Valley on Thursday as life remained paralysed for the 62nd consecutive day, officials said.
A senior police officer said deployment of forces in sufficient strength has been made in old city and uptown areas of Srinagar and other parts of the valley.
“Curfew has not been imposed anywhere in the valley on Thursday,” the officer said.

At least fifteen people were injured after forces attacked a pro-freedom rally in Kellar village of Shopian in south Kashmir on Thursday. Witnesses and reports said that forced allegedly fired pellets and burst teargas shells to foil the rally, leaving fifteen people injured.

At least seventeen persons were injured after forces allegedly attacked a pro-freedom rally in Bathnoor village of Pulwama district on Thursday.
Witnesses and reports said that seventeen persons were injured after forces tried to foil the rally in Bathnoor-Lassipora village.
Earlier, residents of several adjacent villages like Trichil, Tahab, Tumlahal and Armulla said that the forces vandalised their homes and beat up the inmates.
They said that several persons were detained by the forces in Lassipora and Tantraypora villages.

Clashes between the government forces and protesters on Thursday erupted in Panzan area of Chadoora tehsil in central Kashmir’s Budgam district after forces foiled a freedom rally. The rally was proposed at Panzan, however police and other forces erected barricades on ways leading to the venue and foiled it.
As people tried to clear the barricades, local sources told Kashmir Post that government forces resorted to tear gas shelling resulting in clashes.

Clashes between the government forces and protesters erupted in Qazigund area of south Kashmir after forces foiled a freedom rally on Thursday. The incident took place at Sransu village resulting in clashes and injuries to several protesters who pelted stones on forces.

The suspected militants attacked Pulwama police station in the early hours of Thursday.
Police said there were exchange of fire between the militants and forces for around 15 minutes after which the militants escaped.The suspected militants also snatched and decamped with four weapons from the residential guards of a regional National Conference (NC) block president in D.H. Pora village of Kulgam district.

For the last 62 days, educational institutions, main markets, public transport and other businesses have remained closed in Kashmir Valley.

Seventy-five people have been killed during the ongoing cycle of violence that started on July 9.
Separatists have been issuing weekly protest calendars during this period asking people to continue the protest shutdown. They have issued a fresh protest calendar extending the shutdown and protests till September 16.

They have asked people to march to the office of the United Nations Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) in Srinagar city on September 13, the day Muslims would be celebrating the holy festival of Eid-ul-Adha.