Javid Amin, Journalist based in Kashmir (J&K). Printer, Publisher, Editor of "Weekly Shohrat - Kashmir" (Print Edition) as well owner of online news portals www.KashmirPost.org / www.KashmirInFocus.com. Aimed at putting Kashmir and its issues on the global platform. An extensively traveled person enjoys writing.

Clashes erupted in Saloora area of Ganderbal in central Kashmir on Wednesday after forces tried to foil an all-women rally. Reports and witnesses said that forces used teargas shells to break up the rally, which was being addressed by the leaders of Dukhtaran-e-Millat.
Meanwhile, Dukhtaran-e-Millat chief Syeda Aasiya Andrabi was arrested by a police party in Krale Khud area of Srinagar on Tuesday. Asiya, was arrested along with her close associate, Fahmeeda Sofi, Dukhtaran-e-Millat sources told Kashmir Post.
Andrabi was evading arrest ever since the ongoing unrest started and she was organising women protests in the valley.

Intense clashes erupted between protesters and forces in Watpora, Ashtangoo, Qazipora and Putushay villages of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district of on Tuesday. Witnesses and reports said that many people received injuries after men in uniform fired pellets and burst teargas shells to quell protesters.
The injured have been shifted to nearby health centres for treatment.The protesters engaged the forces in ding-dong battles that continued when the report was filed.
Meanwhile clashes were also reported from Papchan area of Bandipora district. Meanwhile residents of Qazipora, Putushay and Warpora villagers said that CRPF men went berserk in their areas this early morning.
“The men in uniform barged into the houses and broke the windowpanes of many houses and also fired teargas shells,” locals alleged.Around 5 AM, police and CRPF had announced imposition of curfew in nearby Kaloosa village, however, later strict restrictions were imposed but people were allowed to move on the roads. Local sources said that some police vehicles came under stone pelting attack last evening “in reaction to which people were told to stay home”.

Kupwara – Trehgam
At least five persons were arrested during pro-freedom protests in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Tuesday. Reports reaching here said that pro-freedom protests erupted in main Trehgam after mid-day prayers and men in uniform resorted to tear gas shelling.
“Forces lobbed shells as protests were going on which evoked intense stone pelting,” local sources said, “the forces chased the protesters as they ran for safety.”
They said at least five of the people were arrested. However, they could not be identified immediately. Soon after the protests, sources said that announcements were made on Masjid loud speakers asking people to come out on roads against the arbitrary arrests. Protests were going on when last reports came in.
The locals claimed that the detained persons were “not involved in stone pelting at all”. “They were nabbed by forces and ruthlessly beaten before whisking them away to their camps,” they said.The locals of Trehgam said that since July 09, 2016 – the day when mass uprising was triggered – huge contingents of Rashtriya Rifles (RR), CRPF and J&K Police are manning the roads of Trehgam every day.
“Casper vehicles have been stationed at many check points,” the locals said. Meanwhile, at least three persons were injured in clashes last evening in the same area, locals added. In nearby Gugloosa, the sources added, “locals are aghast at the ransacking done by forces on last Sunday.”

Autorickshaws set ablaze in Srinagar
Unidentified persons set on fire two auto-rickshaws in Srinagar on Tuesday apparently for breaching strike call of separatists. One auto-rickshaw was set ablaze in Saida Kadal and another in Baba Demb areas of Srinagar, reports said.
Pertinently, private transport with some auto-rickshaws have started plying on Srinagar roads though separatists have extended their strike call till October 6.

Health minister forced to leave SMHS hospital
State Health Minister Bali Bhagat Tuesday had to leave SMHS hospital hurriedly after patients and their attendants raised pro-freedom and anti-India slogans on seeing the minister.The minister had gone to see pellet victims undergoing treatment in the hospital, reports said.