Ramadan truce hasn’t received good response: Dy CM Kavinder Gupta

Amid reports that Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will extend the ongoing ceasefire beyond the holy month of Ramadan, Deputy Chief Minister Kavinder Gupta on Thursday said the unilateral truce announced by the Centre on May 16 had not received an encouraging response so far.
“The government had announced the suspension of operations in the holy month of Ramadan with a hope that this bold initiative will be reciprocated by different groups to take the process of peace and reconciliation to a logical conclusion,” Gupta said during an informal chat with the media persons. He, however, regretted that forces inimical to peace were desperately trying to sabotage this process.
In a reference to recent grenade attacks, Kavinder said, “The response to Ramadan truce is not up to our expectations.”