As per reports, China on Thursday evening released 10 Indian soldiers. This followed days after fierce border clash in Galwan Valley that left at least 20 Indian Army soldiers dead.
- China frees 10 Indian soldiers seized in a border clash in Ladakh: Report
- The 10 soldiers were freed late Thursday evening after dialogue
- Release after several rounds of talks between India and China
ys after fierce clash in Galwan Valley area in Ladakh, China on Thursday evening released 10 Indian Army personnel, including two Majors.
“Ten Indian Army personnel including two Majors were released by the Chinese military on Thursday evening following three days of negotiations, people familiar with the development said,” news agency PTI reported.
As per news reports, an agreement on the release was reached at Major General-level talks between the Indian Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army. Indian and Chinese militaries held a Major General-level dialogue on Thursday for the third consecutive day on disengagement of troops as well as restoring normalcy in areas around the Galwan Valley.
An official word on the release of 10 Indian Army soldiers is still awaited.
The Indian Army, however, said on Thursday that all Indian soldiers involved in the deadly clashes with the Chinese army at the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night had been “accounted for”. “It is clarified that there are no Indian troops missing in action,” the Army said in a brief statement without elaborating.
Military sources on Thursday added that a total of 76 Army personnel were brutally assaulted by the Chinese army on Monday out of which 18 were seriously injured while 58 of them sustained minor injuries. They said 18 personnel are undergoing treatment at a hospital in Leh while 58 are admitted to various other hospitals.
The clash in Galwan Valley is the biggest confrontation between the two militaries after their 1967 clashes in Nathu La when India lost around 80 soldiers while the death toll on the Chinese side was over 300.