Five must visit lakes in J&K

Five must visit lakes in J&K

From Dal Lake to Pangong Tso, the lakes in Jammu & Kashmir are at the centre of all activity. The lakes are at the centre of life for the inhabitants of Jammu & Kashmir, and can be credited for the...
read more
Business slump continues, little hope for revival: Kashmir Inc

Business slump continues, little hope for revival: Kashmir Inc

Thanks to recent Indo-Pak hostilities and uncertainty over hearing of Article 35A in Supreme Court, Kashmir businesses do not see any hope coming out of prolonged slump. The economic condition of Kashmir may further deteriorate due to dwindling tourist footfal...
read more
Lighting system and other surprises at Tulip Garden this year

Lighting system and other surprises at Tulip Garden this year

More than a million tulips are about to bloom alongside scented hyacinths in Asia’s largest tulip garden at the foothills of Zabarwan mountain in Srinagar.The department of floriculture these days is busy giving final touches to the garden ahead of...
read more
Bollywood continues to keep date with Kashmir

Bollywood continues to keep date with Kashmir

Despite recent drop in Kashmir’s tourist footfall after the Pulwama attack on February 14, popular tourist hubs across the valley continue to be popular destinations for Bollywood to shoot their films. With Tulip and almond bloom expected during end of...
read more
J&K tourism may advertise in upcoming IPL

J&K tourism may advertise in upcoming IPL

In a move to attract visitors back to Kashmir, J&K tourism department is mulling to advertise state’s tourism destinations during the telecast of upcoming IPL 2019 from various sports channels. According to an official spokesperson, Advisor to Governor K...
read more
Extend UDAN scheme to Kashmir: Tourism Body

Extend UDAN scheme to Kashmir: Tourism Body

With the skyrocketing airfares shooing away intending tourists to Kashmir, the Valley-based tourism players Monday asked why the central government was not extending its air travel scheme, which facilitates cheaper airfares to several destinations, to Kashmir....
read more
Anti-Social elements have started Kashmir Tourism boycott campaign: KCCI

Anti-Social elements have started Kashmir Tourism boycott campaign: KCCI

Valley’s travel and trade bodies have accused some anti-social elements in India for damaging Kashmir tourism by launching ‘Kashmir boycott campaign’.In a joint press conference, the representatives from travel and hospitality sector urged Government of ...
read more
‘Tourists are our Guests’ Kashmir hotels open doors to stranded tourists

‘Tourists are our Guests’ Kashmir hotels open doors to stranded tourists

Amid heightened cross-border tension, which led to the closure of the Srinagar airport for civilian flights on Wednesday, hotels in the Kashmir valley have opened their doors to the stranded tourists, offering them free accommodation. Several hoteliers and tra...
read more
Traders hit streets against mob attacks on Kashmiris across India

Traders hit streets against mob attacks on Kashmiris across India

Kashmir based trade bodies and members of civil society on Friday held a joint protest at city centre Lal Chowk against mob attacks on Kashmiris in various states. The organisations which had called shutdown and protests included both factions of...
read more
Kashmir trade not dependent on Jammu: Kashmir Inc

Kashmir trade not dependent on Jammu: Kashmir Inc

The business in Kashmir valley is not completely dependent on imports from Jammu as just 30 percent of goods are being imported currently from there, Kashmir-based traders said.The remaining 70 percent goods are imported to the Valley from other states.Althoug...
read more
1 2 3 121