Pellet in my eyes

Pellet in my eyes

Bilkees Bhat Me: Oh my sight, oh my dear sight         You left me midway in an endless night Sight: oh my young beholder, how could I          Only You complete me, how could I Me: Then why is that...
read more
6000 Pellet cartridges used in one month on Kashmir protesters

6000 Pellet cartridges used in one month on Kashmir protesters

Police official says pellets used in Kashmir are ‘bare-metal pellets without rubber coating’ The pellets used by police and Central Reserve Police Force to disperse protesters in Kashmir are “bare-metal pellets” and the Standard Operating Procedure pre...
read more
After Streets, It Is ‘Fight for Airwaves’ in Tral

After Streets, It Is ‘Fight for Airwaves’ in Tral

With army, CRPF and police on one side and protesters on the other side, Tral, the hometown of popular militant commander Burhan Muzaffar Wani, is resounding with “pro-India and pro-Pakistan” songs and anthems since Thursday afternoon. “Army is playing p...
read more
Armed with slogans, 5 Yr olds lend hype to ‘Azadi’ Chorus

Armed with slogans, 5 Yr olds lend hype to ‘Azadi’ Chorus

While protests, curfews, shutdowns and stone-throwing are not rare in the Valley, the scenes witnessed in the streets of Kashmir have changed. Children as young as five can be seen carrying banners and raising slogans like ‘Hum kya chahte —...
read more
Mehbooba asks; where children of pro-freedom and pro-India leaders are currently

Mehbooba asks; where children of pro-freedom and pro-India leaders are currently

Chief minister Mehbooba Mufti has said that “those  people whose children were studying abroad were instigating other children to violence” and “many forces have joined hands to vitiate atmosphere in the valley.” She has not named anyone. In the only....
read more
Treat Kashmiris as own people; High Court raps Centre on pellet gun injuries

Treat Kashmiris as own people; High Court raps Centre on pellet gun injuries

The Jammu and Kashmir High Court on Monday asked security forces and the central government to treat Kashmiris like their own people and not aliens while controlling crowds. In its observations made while hearing a PIL against the use of...
read more
Don’t harm journalists, act with discipline, maturity: Hurriyat (M) tells Youth

Don’t harm journalists, act with discipline, maturity: Hurriyat (M) tells Youth

‘Don’t create hurdles for media persons in discharging their professional duties’ People should follow protest programme, open their shops after 6 pm daily Hurriyat (M) on Tuesday asked youth to act with discipline and maturity and stressed on them not.....
read more
‘Kashmir only place in world where pellet guns are used for crowd control’

‘Kashmir only place in world where pellet guns are used for crowd control’

Forces continue its liberal use despite options available: Experts As New Delhi has constituted a team headed by a Joint Secretary in the Union Home Ministry to explore alternatives to pellet guns, experts have revealed that options are already available...
read more
Govt cracks whip, to withhold salaries of absent employees in Baramulla

Govt cracks whip, to withhold salaries of absent employees in Baramulla

In a move aimed to ensure attendance of government employees in their respective departments, district administration of Baramulla Monday issued an order to withhold salaries of employees of various departments in the district. “It has been observed that mos...
read more
Write slogans on Roads, Walls, Shop shutters ; Syed Ali Geelani

Write slogans on Roads, Walls, Shop shutters ; Syed Ali Geelani

Hurriyat patriarch Syed Ali Geelani on Monday led the united resistance leaderships program that asked people to write slogans on roads, walls, shop shutters etc. Reports said that Geelani came out of his besieged residence at Hyderpora and started painting...
read more
1 94 95 96 97 98 105